- Cost: $90.00 plus HST, fee includes Fancy Tiger pattern
- Teacher: Paddy Richardson
- Dates: Thursday May 17, 24 and 31 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
If you’re ready to take the leap and make your first garment, this is the class for you. The Fancy Tiger Fen dress is very flattering and super versatile (do a Google image search to see some of the lovely versions that people have made!) In this class you’ll learn how to trace a pattern onto Swedish tracing paper, how to make darts and gathers, stay stitching and top stitching and how to sew a curved hem. The dress can be made in several different fabrics like voile and double gauze, but for the purposes of this class it’s recommended that students use a cotton fabric for ease of sewing.
The pattern is super flexible with a lot of possible design choices, so you’ll want to make a whole line up of Fens in different fabrics and styles!
Sewing machines are supplied, but please bring your own sewing kit of thread to match your fabric, fabric scissors, pins, seam ripper, tailors chalk or fabric marking pen.
Upon registration you can pick up your copy of the pattern. Students will receive a 15% discount on class materials purchased at Knit Stitch.
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner, you should be comfortable with using a sewing machine
- Materials Required: Pattern will be supplied, but you'll need to bring fabric (pre washed) for your size and matching thread, tracing paper (Swedish tracing paper is available for purchase at Knit Stitch)