Wiksten Kimono Jacket
- Cost: $110.00 plus HST, fee includes the Wiksten pattern
- Teacher: Paddy Richardson
- Dates: Thursday October 18 and 25, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
First seen in issue No 4 of Making, The Wiksten Kimono Jacket is a versatile and comfy jacket, and a perfect project for a first time garment sewist. Featuring an oversized fit, a shawl collar and roomy pockets, it is also fully lined and you can choose between three different lengths.
You can pick up your copy of the pattern when you sign up for the class. The class will start with cutting out your fabric, so please trace your pattern on tracing paper for the size and version that you’re making prior to the start of class. If you need help with this step let us know when you sign up, and we can figure out a plan to come by the shop prior to the class to trace your pattern.
Sewing machines are provided for use, but feel free to bring your own if you’re more comfortable sewing with it.
All students receive a 15% discount on class supplies purchased at Knit Stitch.
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner, you should be comfortable with using a sewing machine
- Materials Required: Fabric and interfacing for your size and coordinating thread, a typical sewing kit of fabric scissors, pins, seam ripper etc., Swedish tracing paper is recommended to copy out the pieces for the version that you're making