Laine Magazine’s autumn issue, Laine 15, comes with a whole new look!
Our beloved magazine is taking a step into a more modern, dynamic direction by celebrating knitwear and the world of fibre in a fresh way.
Together with the new look, Laine is also excited to introduce new, regular articles, such as Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre.
Of course, there are also things that won’t change: gorgeous knitwear patterns, beautiful high-quality photography and the size of the magazine, all elements that Laine is known for.
The new look was created by Kyiv-born Marina Veziko, one of Finland’s leading designers and the Graphic Designer of the Year 2021.
Issue 15, Autumn 2022:
- 148 pages
- 12 knitting patterns: 6 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 2 shawls, 1 hat, and 1 pair of socks
- an interview with knitwear designer Lindsey Fowler
- an article on how sheep help to save endangered biotopes
- NEW! Jeanette Sloan Talks Fibre – a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Rose Sinclair, an academic researcher, author and lecturer. Rose’s PhD research into Dorcas Clubs examines how textile networks can be catalysts for social change.
- NEW! Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro. In this issue, Päivi explores 5 ways how knitting can be used as a tool for change.
- NEW! Where I Knit – a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot, and talking about crafting in their everyday lives.
- seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking
- book reviews
- Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Jennifer Brou, Weichien Chan (also known as the Petite Knitter), Štěpánka Drchalová, Meiju K-P, Bernice Lim (also known as Yamagara), Hanna Maciejewska, Terri Maue, Olga Putano, Florence Spurling and Yiğitcan Vatansever.
PLEASE NOTE: To celebrate the new look, Laine has two different cover versions available: one in full-colour and a very limited black & white version! This listing is for the Black and White cover.